I have made this beautiful book for my niece as a gift for her communion.
I took an old book, and personalized it, using her favourite colour and a style that she (hopefully?) likes.
If you would like to try this yourself, it is actually not that hard:
1) Find an old book and cut out all the pages.
2) Change the cover (if you do not like the original one) with paper.
I even added her name to make the book even more personal.
3) Add a ringbinder. I used little screws specific for ringbinders.
Afterwards I painted them with gold paint so they would match the golden letters
of the original book. Finally, I gave them a layer of clear nail polish.
4) Make your own pages so they fit the book, your style and colours.
For this book I made 3 pages to be used as separators for ordinary paper.
One of them, I made from a brown paper-bag.
I folded the bag to make a pocket in the middle and then decorated.
The two other pages were made from hard card-board, and decorated.
5) Finally I decorated the inside of the covers.
There you go: Your very own, unique, personalized, re- and upcycled book.